AS9120 Quality Management System (QMS) for aerospace product distributors.
Benefits to Certification:
- Customer satisfaction – through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced operating costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiency
- Improved stakeholder relationships – including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance – by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact on the organization and its your customers
- Improved risk management – through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials – through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business – particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
This standard includes ISO 9001:2000 quality management system (QMS) requirements and specifies additional requirements for quality management system (QMS) for the Aerospace industry applicable to stockiest distributors.
AS 9120 is for use by the organizations that procure parts, materials and assemblies, and sells these products to a customer in the Aerospace industry. This includes organizations that procure products and split them into smaller quantities. This standard is not intended for organizations that rework or repair products. Organizations that perform work that could affect product characteristics or conformity shall use AS9100 or another Quality Management System (QMS) standard.
AS9120 requires suppliers to focus on areas impacting product safety and reliability. Some of the focused areas in this Quality Systems are:
- Traceability- defines specific requirements for traceability from receipt until delivery.
- Controls of records- record requirements are significantly stringent for distributors of Aerospace product.
- Airworthiness certificates- Defines the documents issued by civil aviation authorities, such as FAA, that certifies that parts meet required airworthiness requirements.
- Splitting- Specific requirements for batch splitting and lot splitting, and how conformance to specification is maintained.
- Evidence of Conformance- specific documents are required by distributors as evidence of conformance.
AS9120 Transition to AS9120 Rev. A
As of July 1, 2011, all audits conducted, and certificates issued will be to the new AS9120 standard. As of July 1, 2012, AS9120 will be withdrawn, and with it, all certificates that still reflect AS912.0
If your certificate is withdrawn, you will not be able to “renew” your certificate and a new, complete AS9120 audit will need to be conducted before a certificate can be issued.
We have prepared a presentation that explains the AS9120 to AS9120 Rev. A transition. This presentation can be emailed upon requestto: email@example.com.