AS9100 Quality Management Standard, AS9100 Rev C.
In the aerospace industry, AS9100 is the aerospace industry-specific standard relating to ISO 9001 conformity, as it includes all ISO 9001 provisions, as well as a number of additional aerospace-related qualifiers. International Standards Authority (ISA)is recognized as the AS9100 registrar because of its proficiency in helping aerospace industry companies obtain AS9100 certification. ISA’s highly qualified aerospace experienced auditors (AEAs), with extensive aerospace work experience, have certified many prime suppliers as well as leading organizations in the aerospace supply chain. AS9100 certification provides organizations with a comprehensive quality management system focused on areas directly impacting product safety and reliability, including:
- Configuration management- requires that management discipline be applied over the life cycle of a product to provide visibility and control of its functional and physical characteristics.
- Design-ensures that design responsible organizations have a robust design process to meet safety and reliability requirements demanded by the Aerospace industry.
- Purchasing-requires effective controls over the organization’s entire supply chain.
- Product Realization- ensures that each phase of product realization, from planning procuring and manufacturing to shipment is controlled for delivery of product conforming to customer requirements.
- Product Monitoring/Measurement – defines requirements for product validation prior to shipment.
Independent assessment to AS9100 validates your company’s commitment to Quality and provides the organization with:
- Performance based analysis aimed towards defect prevention methods and continual improvement.
- Improve customer satisfaction and reduction in audits and oversight by the OEMs.
- Enhanced performance and cost savings from operational consistency and reduction in rework and scrap.
- Distinct advantage over competition.
- Prestigious international recognition.
When customers realize a company has attained AS9100 , they can purchase parts or related products with a greater degree of confidence. AS9100 certification can benefit organizations of any size and regardless of whether they transact business in the public, private or government sectors. When your company aligns to the aerospace standard, it not only reaps quality and efficiency benefits, but also is better able to meet customer expectations. Certificationby ISA, Inc. can also provide a competitive advantage by:
- Aerospace Experienced Auditors (AEAs) identifying opportunities for operational improvements and cost reduction;
- Improved audit and surveillance efficiency;
- Reduced number of customer audits required, and a corresponding reduction in needed resources;
- Enhanced supplier performance due to higher quality, waste reduction, and a customer satisfaction focus; and Streamlined documentation.
As more and more aerospace OEMs require AS9100 throughout their supply chain, it makes good business sense to choose a registrar that adds value to the certification process. Inquire today to receive a free quote and see what International Standards Authority, Inc. can do for you.