Benefits to Registration:
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiency
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact on the organization and its your customers
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply
This standard includes ISO 9001:2000 quality management system (QMS) requirements and specifies additional requirements for quality management system (QMS) for the Aerospace industry applicable to stockiest distributors.
AS 9120 is for use by the organizations that procure parts, materials and assemblies, and sells these products to a customer in the Aerospace industry. This includes organizations that procure products and split them into smaller quantities. This standard is not intended for organizations that rework or repair products. Organizations that perform work that could affect product characteristics or conformity shall use AS9100 or another Quality Management System (QMS) standard.