The world can take it for granted, but we can’t …
As the world depends on the Aerospace Industry for safety, reliability and quality … organizations that work relentlessly to satisfy these expectations turn to ISA as a committed partner, focusing on the highest standard of certification services.
For most of the world
Quality, safety, and reliability of air travel is a given. However, to the aerospace industry, these vital issues make up the AS9100/AS9120 Aerospace Quality Management Systems that are second to none.
For the Aerospace Industry
This standard is designed to be used by firms in the aviation, space, and defense industries and can be applied throughout the supply chain. It is intended for use by organizations that design, develop, and produce aviation, space, and defense products. It is also intended for use by organizations that provide post-delivery support. This includes those that provide maintenance, materials, or spare parts for their own products.
Safety, airworthiness, product conformity and reliability are all key aspects of AS9100, the aerospace quality standard. These quality requirements are crucial to aerospace OEMs, which maintain high levels of liability for their product standard. Because product performance can be affected by a failure to handle parts and materials correctly, the standard addresses the complexity and diversity of the industry’s supply chain. The standard takes into consideration the complete life cycle of aerospace products.
Independent Certification to AS9100 and AS9120 validates the company’s commitment to quality and provides the organization with:
- Performance based analysis aimed towards defect prevention methods and continual improvement
- Fulfilling certification requirements as approved suppliers for OEMs
- Improved customer satisfaction and reduction in audits and oversight by the OEMs
- Enhanced performance and cost savings from operational consistency and reduction in rework and scrap
- A distinct advantage over the competition
- Prestigious international recognition
For ISA Clients
ISA Clients rest assured that their Aerospace Quality Management System has been assessed by some of the most knowledgeable, highly qualified and experienced auditors certified by internationally recognized certification bodies such as RABQSA and IRCA. The cost-effective and value added certification program of ISA is designed to serve all aerospace organizations, especially small to medium size companies by offering:
- Flexible and convenient scheduling of audits
- Non-threatening audit approach
- Qualified auditors from the industry that utilize their knowledge and experience to
add value to operations
- Committed Management staff sensitive to company’s needs
- Consistent interpretation of the AS9100/AS9120 standard’s requirements AND competitive pricing with no hidden fees
- For these reasons, our clients consider ISA as the “Registrar of Choice” and “The Authority on International Standards.”
AS9100 Quality Management Standard, AS9100 Rev C.
AS9100 is the aerospace industry-specific standard relating to ISO 9001 conformity, as it includes all ISO 9001 provisions, as well as a number of additional aerospace-related qualifiers. International Standards Authority (ISA) is recognized as the AS9100 registrar of choice because of our highly qualified & experienced aerospace auditors (AEAs), who have worked extensively in the aerospace business and have certified many prime suppliers as well as leading organizations in the aerospace supply chain.
This aerospace quality standard has nearly 100 additional requirements specific to aerospace in addition to all of the other ISO 9001 provisions. AS9100 certification provides organizations with a comprehensive quality management system focused on areas directly impacting product safety and reliability, including:
- Configuration management- requires that management discipline be applied over the life cycle of a product to provide visibility and control of its functional and physical characteristics.
- Design-ensures that design responsible organizations have a robust design process to meet safety and reliability requirements demanded by the Aerospace industry.
- Purchasing-requires effective controls over the organization’s entire supply chain.
- Product Realization- ensures that each phase of product realization, from planning procuring and manufacturing to shipment is controlled for delivery of product conforming to customer requirements.
- Product Monitoring/Measurement – defines requirements for product verification prior to shipment.
The AS9100 Advantage:
- Independent assessment to AS9100 validates your company’s commitment to Quality and provides the organization with:
- Performance based analysis aimed towards defect prevention methods and continual improvement.
- Improve customer satisfaction and reduction in audits and oversight by the OEMs.
Enhanced performance and cost savings from operational consistency and reduction in rework and scrap.
- Distinct advantage over competition.
Prestigious international recognition.
When customers realize a company has attained AS9100 , they can purchase parts or related products with a greater degree of confidence. AS9100 certification can benefit organizations of any size and regardless of whether they transact business in the public, private or government sectors. When your company aligns to the aerospace standard, it not only reaps quality and efficiency benefits, but also is better able to meet customer expectations. Certification by ISA, Inc. can also provide a competitive advantage by:
- Aerospace Experienced Auditors (AEAs) identifying opportunities for operational improvements and cost reduction;
- Improved audit and surveillance efficiency;
- Reduced number of customer audits required, and a corresponding reduction in needed resources;
- Enhanced supplier performance due to higher quality, waste reduction, a customer satisfaction focus, and streamlined documentation.
Contact us today for more information.
As more and more aerospace OEMs require AS9100 throughout their supply chain, it makes good business sense to choose a registrar that adds value to the certification process. Let us put our years of experience, attention to detail and fantastic customer service to work for you. Inquire today to receive a free quote and see what International Standards Authority, Inc. can do for you.